Welcome to TN Boys State
May 24 - May 30, 2015
American Legion Boys State is among the most respected and selective educational programs of government instruction for high school students. It is a participatory program where each participant becomes a part of the operation of his local, county and state government.
At American Legion Boys State, participants are exposed to the rights and privileges, the duties and the responsibilities of a franchised citizen. The training is objective and practical with city, county and state governments operated by the students elected to the various offices. Activities include legislative sessions, court proceedings, law enforcement presentations, assemblies, bands, chorus and recreational programs.
High school juniors are selected by local American Legion Posts to attend the program. In most cases, expenses associated with attending this program are paid by a sponsoring American Legion Post, a local business or another community-based organization You can now EARN COLLEGE CREDIT while attending American Legion Boys State. For more information click here.
- 06/16/14 - Top Story - General Haston congratulates #2014TNALBS DELEGATES
- 06/16/14 - Top Story - Logan Parsons congratulates #2014TNALBS DELEGATES
- 06/10/14 - News - Photos now available for Days 5 - 7 http://www.tnboysstate.org/picture-gallery
- 05/31/14 - Boys State Stater - Reel City Wins, Malek Inaugurated, Alexander Inspires
- 05/30/14 - Boys State Stater - Delegates vie for Boys Nation, Major Gen. Haston leaves memorable quotes
- 05/29/14 - Top Story - TTU President Dr Oldham congratulates #2014TNALBS DELEGATES
- 05/29/14 - Top Story - John Radar congratulates #2014TNALBS DELEGATES
- 05/29/14 - Top Story - Rich Froning congratulates #2014TNALBS DELEGATES
- 1 of 3
The American Legion was chartered by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic, mutual-help, war-time veterans organization. A community-service organization which now numbers nearly 3 million members -- men and women -- in nearly 15,000 American Legion Posts worldwide. These Posts are organized into 55 Departments -- one each for the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, France, Mexico, and the Philippines.
Tennessee Tech University
As a comprehensive university, Tennessee Tech offers 44 bachelor's and 20 graduate degree programs within six academic divisions: Agricultural and Human Sciences, Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Engineering, and Interdisciplinary Studies and Extended Education.
A university that the Princeton Review consistently calls one of the best in the Southeast, Tennessee Tech offers students the true college experience. The University is committed to the life-long success of students in its undergraduate, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degree granting programs through high-quality instruction and learning experiences.